“It is never about the food. It’s always something deeper.”
What is a health coach? A coach is someone who motivates you, provides unconditional support, identifies your strengths and helps you build upon them, shines a light on what’s holding you back and helps you see your way clear, and partners with you to discover the creative solutions you need to achieve your goals.
Depending on your particular situation, your coaching might include any combination of goal-setting, strategizing, focusing, encouragement, celebration, and personal development. You may even vent to your coach if you need to.
Coaching is a guilt-free, no-nag zone, in which your personal well-being is the number one priority.
Your coach works with you via skillfully conducted “coaching sessions.” But much of your progress occurs between sessions, when you implement the actions that you and your coach have agreed will lead to the most dramatic results.
Monika conducts health coaching sessions over the telephone. “Telecoaching,” as it is sometimes called, is the standard practice for coaching, is more efficient than in-person coaching, and allows you to be coached from the convenience of your own home or office. Not only that, but telecoaching gives you the opportunity to be coached by the very best coach for you, without geographical restrictions.
Many clients have specific health goals in mind, but many also are trying to make changes in other aspects of their lives, including their careers or their overall sense of well-being.
If you were a client, you may wonder, what would you and the coach talk about? The answer: whatever it takes to help you take action and produce results. That means that you might:
- Sometimes talk about goals, sometimes talk about strategy, sometimes work on establishing boundaries.
- Set up systems to assure that you get what you need to stay motivated.
- Fortify other areas of your life that serve as the foundation of change.
- Develop a plan to establish the support network and the environment you need to assure your success.
- Implement methods to overcome relapse.
- Identify stale habits and mindsets that you need to “let go” of in order to excel.
- Find new ways to create the time and energy you require.
- Celebrate your achievements. Reverse your setbacks.
Your health coach will push when you need to be pushed, and support you when you need support.