Have you ever wondered how to get rid of it – who hasn’t? You know even though summer’s pretty much over most us are still burdened with that dimply, ripply unpleasant effect on our skin. We still what to show off our arms and legs when we can – right? Having it is a good indicator that something is out of balance in your body and most likely your diet.
Even though for some it is genetic and determined by how thin your skin is. For many of us, however it’s due to an unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, estrogen levels, high body fat composition and/or insufficient hydration. The good news is there are simple things you can do about it.
Here are 6 Dietary Secrets to putting an End to Cellulite:
1) Stop drinking carbonated fizzy drinks– they only increase water retention that causes puckering beneath the skin’s surface
2) Drink more water – this will actually prevent water retention and create a healthy fluid balance in your body
3) Eat more non-starchy carbohydrates – they are the high water content vegetables such as leafy greens, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower. The starchy carbohydrates are root vegetables such as yams, beets, potatoes, squash, beans and grains.
4) Food sensitivity may cause some of that unsightly puckering and a tendency to retain water. Try eliminating some of the main culprits such as dairy and eggs for a couple of weeks and see what happens.
5) Super Diuretic Vegetables are asparagus, cucumber, cabbage water cress, red onions. Use these in your daily diet.
6) Increase Protein slightly and lower your starchier Carbohydrates like grains, root vegetables and beans as we’ve already discussed.
Keeping a healthy water balance will boost metabolism, burn more fat, and lower your insulin. Higher insulin levels will often cause inflammation in your body which can be a big contributor to the cellulite problem causing fat to get caught deep below the surface making your skin have the unwanted and unsightly cottage cheese look.
Take some of these steps today and you’ll be able to say bye to cellulite and hello to smooth, beautiful skin soon enough.